Can you use too much Seafoam? Decarb Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use too much Seafoam? Decarb Procedure

I had a high idle issue with my 2006 Suzuki DF200. Seafoam seems to have fixed it! I ran a gallon of Seafoam in around 3 to 6 gallons of gas (Seafoam states you can use up to a 50/50 mix). I performed the decarb procedure threes (Run engine 15 minutes near idle and the let sit for 15 minutes. Repeated 3 times).

My engine used to idle around 1000 RPM after running WOT for a few minutes. This now appears to be resolved. I did run the boat at WOT with the approximate 75% gas 25% seafoam mix. Can any damage be done by this? Thanks in advance!

Should not hurt it. But now that you've run it through, and solved your problem, I would recommend filling the tank and reducing the percentage of Seafoam.
    Last edited by Harper; 07-17-2020, 10:02 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by jserr68594 View Post
      I had a high idle issue with my 2006 Suzuki DF200. Seafoam seems to have fixed it! I ran a gallon of Seafoam in around 3 to 6 gallons of gas (Seafoam states you can use up to a 50/50 mix). I performed the decarb procedure threes (Run engine 15 minutes near idle and the let sit for 15 minutes. Repeated 3 times).

My engine used to idle around 1000 RPM after running WOT for a few minutes. This now appears to be resolved. I did run the boat at WOT with the approximate 75% gas 25% seafoam mix. Can any damage be done by this? Thanks in advance!
      NO such thing as too much.

Comment

Running the seafoam through that motor was the best thing I could have done. It has idled great ever since!

Comment

Working...
        X