New DF90 Oil Light Stays On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DF90 Oil Light Stays On

I just had a new 2020 DF90 rigged on my boat this week. I am getting a steady (not flashing) oil light on the tach when the ignition is "on" or when the motor is running. I took it to my Suzuki dealer and they plugged it into SDS, there are no error or fault codes. We tried the oil light reset sequence, hear the confirmation beep, but the light stays on. Oil level is fine. We did notice that when we started the motor with SDS connected, the oil light goes off. But comes back on as soon as SDS is disconnected. We tried another new tach and the oil light stays on there too. The dealer is keeping the boat to solve the issue. In the meantime, has anyone ever seen this issue? I am hoping to provide some input to the dealer, if anyone has solved this before.

You would think that they would have checked the oil pressure switch to see if it was faulty, they only had to pull the wire off it. With the key on the computer will send 5 volts down the line, with the engine not running, the contacts will be closed in the switch pulling the voltage to zero, when the engine starts, oil pressure will open the contacts and the voltage will rise back to 5 volts.

Comment

I have an update on this. After much troubleshooting between my dealer and Suzuki, it was discovered that the "blue" wire in the wiring harness was bad. The way it was explained to me, there was continuity when they tested the blue wire at Suzuki's suggestion, meaning it there is a grounding issue. I think I captured that correctly. My dealer is ordering a new wiring harness under warranty, but they are backordered for 6-8 weeks. In the meantime, I can still run the boat, Suzuki confirmed this was ok. I will check the oil regularly. Oil pressure is a-ok.

Comment

had the wiring harness replaced this week, it fixed the oil light issue.

Comment

Working...
        X