df 70 squealing and smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df 70 squealing and smoke

came back from 5 hrs trolling and was flushing motor and started to hear a squealing sound so shut off motor and seen smoke and burnt smell.This is a 2003 df 70 with 1,000 hrs. I am trying to locate were the smoke is coming from.I removed both side covers and start it up and it takes about 5 minutes before it start squealing and smoking.It kind of looks like the smoke is coming from the drive shaft area.Any ideas.....thanks

Flushing with muffs or the hose port? If you are using the hose flush port DO NOT RUN IT or the squeal & smoke is your impeller, that now needs to be replaced.

Comment

I only flush with muffs as my motors do not have hose port.I have been flushing with the muffs for years and this is the first time this has happened.I am just tying to see if anyone else experienced this and have any ideas before I pull the leg to check the impeller.I do all my maintenance and have less than 200 hrs. since I last changed the impellers.Any more ideas will be greatly appreciated.....thank you

Comment

I have located the problem, it is the bushing in the drive shaft housing froze to the shaft. Has anyone experience this? Cannot find the bushing online.Seems like the whole exhaust housing has to be changed....any ideas...thanks

Comment

bush drive shaft *{type:xl}*

57130-87e01

Comment

Working...
          X