No announcement yet.

DF20A rpm's drop and surges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fixed the problem? I have a surging problem as well.

Comment

it was the Engine Control Unit.

I had a throttle position code stored 3 times in the ECU. They tested it as I didn't have that harness and said it was good. They tested some other things like the wiring harness and was good. They said due to it being an intermittent problem it was more than likely the ECU. So far knock on wood it is working perfect. Kinda sucks being the engine only has of now 117 hours.
      If you can use a computer, I'd highly recommend getting a diagnostic kit for $65. Worth it's weight in ****, although nobody replied to my readings post, it helped the dealer diagnose it.

Comment

As I said in my post sounds like throttle position signal voltage not going to maximin and you can see from the figures bouncing between 3.4 volts and 3.09 making the timing shift between 13 and 19 degree's, I would have thought a throttle position sensor rather than an ecu. Good to see it is fixed.

Comment

You know I have been thinking a bout this problem, and I can't swallow the fact that it was an ecu problem, more like they changed the ecu and still had the problem, then fixed the erratic throttle position signal voltage which was shifting the signal voltage at the ecu, you said in your post if you moved the throttle a small amount it would improve it. I think you have copped it right up the rear end.

Comment

Working...
          X