2001 Suzuki DF70 Rough Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Suzuki DF70 Rough Idle

I have a 2001 Suzuki DF70 that idles really rough. I recently purchased the boat and engine, with the previous owner mainly letting it sit out of the water. As seen in the video, the engine idles rough and seems to pulsate. When I first turned over the engine the pulsating was much slower rhythmically. After replacing the spark plugs, adding new gas, and adding injector cleaning fluid to the tank, the idle slowly over time became much faster and less rhythmic. I've checked the oil and it seems all right. With the large quantity of white smoke, I'm assuming it might be a fuel problem but I really don't know. My best guess is that there might be a problem with the fuel injectors. Whether that be they're clogged or broken, I have no idea. I also think it could be an issue with the throttle, as the engine revs extremely high if you put it into gear. Any suggestions and tips would be much appreciated. Thank You.

I can't tell if that is steam or smoke, if it is smoke an injector is stuck open, pull the plugs and look at one that will be really wet, look to see if it is fuel or water on the tip of the plug and come back with what you find.

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
      I can't tell if that is steam or smoke, if it is smoke an injector is stuck open, pull the plugs and look at one that will be really wet, look to see if it is fuel or water on the tip of the plug and come back with what you find.
      I should have added when you put it into gear the iac valve will bypass more air to try and keep id idling, and because it is running rich with the added air it will rev up, that tells me it is a fuel problem more than likley a stuck open injector.

Comment

Working...
      X