DT25 Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT25 Help Needed!

I have a 1990 DT25 whose red light comes on shortly after starting, restricting power to about a quarter throttle. Recently had all 3 carbs replaced and 1 coil. I've tested every sensor and replaced the tps. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by bradt406; 08-08-2020, 08:27 PM.

Just found the wires were backwards on the coil that was replaced. If the motor is run like this would it fry the CDI?

Comment

Do you have a Suzuki service manual for this motor?
      Why did you replace the carbs?
      Give us a little more history on what caused, precluded, these problems?
      Have you checked the thermostat to see if it's working/clean?
      How long does it take for the red light to come on, is the motor getting too hot?

Give us a little help to help you.

Good luck, post back with your responses.

Comment

The carbs were replaced because the motor sat for a long time and would never idle or start right. Now it idles like brand new. The red light comes on about 10 seconds after startup, so it's not up to temp yet. It doesn't come on at idle either, only when you get to about a quarter throttle. This is why i replaced the tps. That and it was the only sensor I didn't test. Also, when I first took the boat out after all work was done, it revved and planed like normal, but only for a moment before the light came on. The service manual is how I tested the sensors

Comment

A quarter throttle could indicate a possible temp problem, related to exhaust interfering with water pickup, at the water pump?

When the red light flashes does the tell-tale start spitting some steam? Or does it go into safe-mode right away?

Post back on what you find out.

Comment

Working...
          X