Help !!! 2007 Suzuki DF200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !!! 2007 Suzuki DF200

We took in a DF200 awhile back that had a blown head gasket. We (DT's Marine) do full outboard rebuilds here but have never took apart a DF200. I ordered the factory repair manual and we had both heads reworked , had new valve seals installed and replaced all chains and starboard intake cam. Engine had good compression. We triple checked all the timing marks and after reassembly we ran engine under load on trailer up to 4000 RPMs . Customer took boat out and engine started shutting down at 2500 RPMs and will not start back. This is the second time we have taken apart and put back together and we do not know what we are doing wrong since we are going by the factory manual .It's like it throws the timing off after a short run. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by boatman170 View Post
    Customer took boat out and engine started shutting down at 2500 RPMs and will not start back.
    This is the second time we have taken apart and put back together. It's like it throws the timing off after a short run.
    I gather that the motor has started again, and the same symptoms have occured?

Are there any trouble codes indicated?
    Henry

Comment

We took in a DF200 awhile back that had a blown head gasket. We (DT's Marine) do full outboard rebuilds here but have never took apart a DF200. I ordered the factory repair manual and we had both heads reworked , had new valve seals installed and replaced all chains and starboard intake cam. Engine had good compression. We triple checked all the timing marks and after reassembly we ran engine under load on trailer up to 4000 RPMs . Customer took boat out and engine started shutting down at 2500 RPMs and will not start back. This is the second time we have taken apart and put back together and we do not know what we are doing wrong since we are going by the factory manual .It's like it throws the timing off after a short run. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
      '''' So what you are saying the motor ran fine, customer took it and then it stoped running after it reached 2500 rpm twice, what did you to correct it each time, it could only be ignition timing, if it is timing related, if it was valve timing you would have pistons hitting valves. I assume you had fuel and spark, Did you check the timing marks for tdc on number one on the flywheel the key could be stripped. If it was electronic timing the engine would be flat and the check engine light would be on, explain what you did after the first time it stopped and What made you come to the conclusion it is timing related.

Comment

I would check with Merritt in Hillsborough just north of you (919-732-7377). They have worked on Zukes and Johnzukies for quite a while. Ask for Chad.
        2005 ProKat 20 with Suzuki DF200. Tight lines and screaming drags!!

Comment

Working...
        X