Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df90 noise on startup

2015 DF90A 230hrs.
    Guys l have a screeching noise when motors started after letting sit for a week or 2. Goes away after 30 seconds. Has happened last 2 start ups on muffs in the driveway. Motor is idling fine. If motor is shut off and started straight away the noise isnt there.
    I know its hard to diagnose without hearing but if anyone has any ideas it would be helpful.
    Cheers

It is hard to diagnose not hearing it. Is the tell tale pissing straight away? Maybe impeller screeching? if so it would be stuffed now. Could be a bush on drive shaft that is noisy until it warms up or gets wet?

Where does the noise sound like its coming from?

Comment

Yeah shes peeing ok. Hasnt been running dry at any stage. My first thought was the impeller.
      Will try take a video of it tomorrow and post up.

Comment

Might let it sit up for week, then drive to nearest dealership, then you video them starting it up, and see what they say.

I can't think of anything that should sounds like that after sitting up for a week or two?

Good luck, post back if able to let us know.

Comment

Cranked her up tonight to video the screeching noise. No noise. Looks like l need to let it sit longer than 2 days. Will try it again over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X