Engine sputter while accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine sputter while accelerating

2017 Suzuki 115 4 stroke outboard. Pretty much a new engine I run on my 18 foot Lund. While salmon fishing in the pungent sound everything was working find and was trolling all day. On the way back to the boat launch i was going roughly 3500RPM it started acting like it was out of fuel And sputtering So I idled down and it idled fine then I tried to slowly accelerate and once again it started sputtering. Any thoughts?

Yes there is plenty of fuel only used 6 gallons. Sorry for this info not being in the main body

Comment

Moisture in the fuel? Try running Seafoam, or a similar product through the fuel system. Your fuel is fresh?

Comment

Thank you for the advice Murray. The fuel is to an extent fresh. It’s a 33 gal test and Iv probally ran 25 gallons worth of that. I’m assuming I had bad fuel. I added fuel additive and put on a a new fuel/water seperater yesterday. The old one I emptied into a glass container and saw particulates and water. Ran it last night and it sputtered at first but slowly started clearing up some. I still havnt got it perfect yet.

Comment

efi engines of any make do not like dirt and water in their fuel. As you have now discovered.

You will probably need to / should replace all the filters on the engine and probably need to drain & clean out the VST.

Comment

Working...
          X