Water in Fuel Error Message - DF300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Fuel Error Message - DF300

Yesterday, while offshore I received a "Water in Fuel Error Mesage". On the way back in, I lost power to the port motor and was unable to get it to restart? I have Racor Water Separators on the boat, but not sure the last time they were changed. I had the boat serviced in May where the mechanic dropped the foot and replaced the water pump and impeller and did all other seasonal maintenance, so I assumed they would have been changed as well, but not positive. Also, where are the fuel filters on the motors located? Should these be changed as well?

Is there anything else I should be concerned about? I was hoping to change the separators and fuel filter on the engines and give it a try, but should I do something else first?

Pulled the racors and they had a lot of water in each. Also had some other debris. Ordered some new racors since the west marine in town doesn't have them in stock. Should be here by Wednesday.

Comment

There are filters on the engine that you need to empty. The water in fuel sensor is in one of them so water must have got past the Racors.

Don't run the engine again until you have emptied them and changed them out, and also drained the VST.

As you saw water in fuel is almost always accompanied by other trash. Lets hope it hasnt got past the filters on the engine and into the VST.

Comment

What is the VST and how do I drain it? Where can I find a schematic of the engine to find the fuel filter?

Comment

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...apor-separator

Part #5 and part #54

Comment

Thanks so much for the assistance. Ordered the filters and will try to get them installed later this week. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X