Suzuki 25 1992

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 25 1992

I have a 92 model 25 outboard motor, it starts up fine and idles good and runs smooth. But it doesnt seem to be running at full throttle almost like 1 cyl isnt running. Every now and then it will kick in and run full throttle for a couple minutes then reduce speed again. All cyl have great compression i have spark on all 3 plugs and carbs are fully cleaned. Any help would be greatly appreciated the marshes are opening soon and ide like to have it running tip top for that. Thank you
    Last edited by Chasearabie; 02-14-2017, 03:33 AM.

I have read in other forums about adjusting the choke linckage cause t might be partially open when you think its closed and reseting the throttle switch sensor. And viablity to those claims?

Comment

You may need to hook up a timing light to each plug to see which one is dropping out, if none are dropping out when it starts running slower, then you may have a fuel restriction problem on one carb, or bad plug? Or possibly one of the ignition timing sensors (3 listed in parts diagram) could have an intermittent connection problem (pinched wire, or loose connection) at, or going into the magneto?

You could inspect the wires going to magneto to see if dirty, or loose, or possibly rubbing and shorting.

Good luck, post back when able to let us know how it's going.

Comment

I had a 60 HP 3-cyl Evinrude on a pontoon boat doing the same thing... I would go out for a cruise and max at about 13 MPH, knowing that it should hit 18-20 at WOT. Every now and then if I got the throttle just right, the third cylinder would kick in and the boat would lunge forward. After several outings looking at this and that, swapping cables around and and checking timing and spark, etc. I replaced the spark plugs - although the old ones looked fine with good gap - and it's been running like a champ since. If you haven't replaced them in a while, it's probably a good place to start.

Comment

I will def look into all those and just curious whats the gap recomended for those?

Comment

The throytle position sensor was bad changed it out and it runs like a top now thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X