DF300 Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 Gauges

This is my first message and hope will get help from Forum members. I have bought second hand Beneteau Flyer 750SD with Suzuki DF300 from 2008. Ser. no. of engine 30001F-880499. Boat and engine very good and no any problem with Suzuki. I'm happy, I reach 42 knots. I have problem with Teleflex gauges which are not working from first moment. When start power key, gauges get signal but when engine start work all gauges are not working. Nobody want to check, so I was thinking to change all gauges to SMIS 4" and 2" with all new harness. Is it possible to install this gauges? or even if it is possible to install new C10 gauges. I was thinking to buy SMIS 4" KIT (34011-88LO3-00) and interface adopter for DF300 (36661-98J10-00) Even this gauges is difficult to find. Best regards, Jagor1

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

From the Sticky above

Comment

Dear Murray, thanks for link which has very detail informations.
      I have to ask one more thing. Suzuki service engineer who check my engine told me that on my engine has been change Engine Control Unit, and for that reason we couldn't read any working hours. Does this Engine Control Unit have influence on type of software for Engine Interface Cable? Best regards, Jagor1

Comment

The engine hours are recorded in the ecu. So if the ecu is changed, the history is lost and the new ecu starts again.

When the Suzuki dealer connects the engine to the Suzuki Diagnostic System it can read the ecu details and it tells the year model of the ecu.

The Suzuki interface cable will only work properly if its software is matched to the ecu year.

A 2008 or newer engine ecu will communicate properly with an interface version 2.9.4. This is a lonk to the correct cable for 2009-2012 engines:

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...9-38p71396.htm

Hope this info helps.

Comment

Dear Moonlighter, Thanks for your explanation as I'm new one. Just check for my ECU number and it is 33920-98J61. As per this number and ser. no of engine 30001F-880499 what Engine interface cable I have to look for, V2.9 or earlier. Thanks, Jagor1

Comment

I dont know.

As said last post, the Suzuki dealer can tell the ecu year when connecting the engine to SDS.

Most dealers keep a copy of the SDS report from when they last serviced the engine, especially if they are your regular service dealer. Talk to them and ask.

Comment

Dear Moonlighter, Thanks for your help. Unfortunately there is not so many people who understand SMIS and it's harness in my area. I found that my ECU is for 2010 engines, so I can use interface cable for 2008-2012 engines. I have some other question, on my old harness I find one SDS connector near to dashboard and one on the engine. Can I connect engine interface adopter to SDS connector near to dashboard so no need to trace extension cable from engine SDS connector? Also on same old harness have connection for Analog tachometer signal output, two cables (YB, B). Can I install tachometer there and to have both working?
              Looking forward to your answer, Regard, Jagor1

Comment

With a 2010 ecu, then yes, the Interface cable version 2.9.4 is the one to use.

this link shows the correct part:

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...9-38p71396.htm

On older engines it may not be possible to send digital data to dash through the main harness. On older engines The usual procedure is to connect the SDS adapter cable to the SDS plug from the ecu, then connect the interface cable to the SDS adapter other end. You will likely need to cut the SDS adapter cable in half and Solder in extra wire to extend its length so it reaches up to the dash. If you do it this way, the main harness can stay connected to the ecu’s standard plug and then you can have the analogue tacho connected to the harness behind the dash.

You can attempt to send digital data thru the harness to the dash if you wish, you will need to plug the engine harness into the SDS plug on the engine to do that. If you do that, you LOSE analoge data so the analogue tach wont be able to work.

Comment

Dear Moonlighter, thank you very much. Now is everything clear to me and I know what have to order. Best regards and keep in touch, Jagor1

Comment

Working...
                  X