Going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going down

I have a 2001 4 stroke 90hp trim will go up but will not go down. I reversed the green and blue wire it went down but not up. So motor is good and trim switch is good. What's my next move please

Trim

Remove the electrical cover and to the lelt you will see the trim relay. The parts diagram is showing two, try swapping the over and see if the opposite works

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky View Post
      I have a 2001 4 stroke 90hp trim will go up but will not go down. I reversed the green and blue wire it went down but not up. So motor is good and trim switch is good. What's my next move please
      '''' When you pressed the down switch did you check to see if you had battery voltage on the pink trim switch wire at the down relay. When you press the up trim switch button battery voltage will flow through a light blue wire to ground on the up relay this will energize the main contacts in the relay and battery voltage will flow through the blue wire to the trim motor and back out to ground on the down relay, when you press the down switch, battery voltage will flow through a pink wire to ground in the relay and energize the main contacts then battery voltage will flow through the green wire to the trim motor and out to ground in the up relay.

Comment

Working...
      X