DF50 will not crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF50 will not crank

Hello, i have a 2008 DF50 4-stroke. While out on the water i turned it off and when i went to start it, it will not crank at all. I get no click coming form the starter or anything however in can hear the high pressure fuel pump running when i turn the key. i get the start up alarm when i turn the key from off to on and the tile/trim switched work as well as the instrument cluster. Both neutral safety switches appear to be working when i use a multi meter and the battery is reading 12.9V. I am Also getting 12.9V to the posts on the starter. i did notice a few weeks back when attempting to start the starter was "stuck and i was getting a loud fast repetitive clicking/buzzing noise from the starter. I tapped it with a hammer which seemed to free it up. Im not sure if this could be related or not. i ordered a new starter but was wondering if anyone had any insight on other issues while im awaiting it. Ive never had a starter just completely shut down like that and have nothing happen when turning the key.

Pull the starter apart & inspect?

Comment

Working...
    X