Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to test coil packs ? 2008 DF175

Hi All

Wondering is their is a way to test the coil packs on a 2008 DF175?

Ohms test maybe?

And just for an FYI this is my problem.

Engine starts and runs fine, once hot, say10mins of running "its varys" it looses a heep of power "like max revs 4000ish".
    - Fuel lines checked
    - no engine codes
    - starts and stops fine and doesnt change the power.
    - Cool it off a bit and power will return
    - new plugs and LP filter, no change
    - tell tail seems a little hotter then the other engine (im thinking maybe from running lean in one cylinder) who knows

Engine seemed to be running fine whilst in the water (just down on power), but does have a miss when idled up on the muffs "maybe I just couldn't hear it in the water".

Im thinking a dodgy intermittent coil problem, I am running twins so could swap them over 1 buy one, just a long task when you an hour from the water to test everytime..

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Lachlanb; 02-20-2017, 06:50 AM.

Originally posted by Lachlanb View Post
    Hi All

Wondering is their is a way to test the coil packs on a 2008 DF175?

Ohms test maybe?

And just for an FYI this is my problem.

Engine starts and runs fine, once hot, say10mins of running "its varys" it looses a heep of power "like max revs 4000ish".
    - Fuel lines checked
    - no engine codes
    - starts and stops fine and doesnt change the power.
    - Cool it off a bit and power will return
    - new plugs and LP filter, no change
    - tell tail seems a little hotter then the other engine (im thinking maybe from running lean in one cylinder) who knows

Engine seemed to be running fine whilst in the water (just down on power), but does have a miss when idled up on the muffs "maybe I just couldn't hear it in the water".

Im thinking a dodgy intermittent coil problem, I am running twins so could swap them over 1 buy one, just a long task when you an hour from the water to test everytime..

Any ideas?
    ''''''Hard to test a three wire coil with an ohm meter, the module is built into the coil, and the heavy switching current is done on the coil, and the third wire goes to the ecu which switches the coil on and off. Surely if one coil was dropping out you would hear the engine miss with a vibration, change the high pressure fuel filter, sometimes with high pressure filters the actual fuel pressure forces the rubbish against the paper element and blocks it and when the engine stops after a while when the pressure drops the rubbish falls away from the paper. The engine will miss in neutral if you go higher than the ecu specs.

Comment

Working...
    X