Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor rigging of new DF140. Should I bring the motor back to the same dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor rigging of new DF140. Should I bring the motor back to the same dealer?

I am thinking there should be a Remocon Grommet part number 61124-90J30. This looks like it supports, cushions and aligns the wiring and throttle cable as it goes into the lower engine cowling it also supports a water tight seal to prevent moisture into the engine compartment. I am concern about bringing it back to the same dealer that apparently cares very little about their quality of work for this job. Is this an important part for the install? Any idias as to the best approach for this matter?

df 140

Are you saying that they have left it out

Comment

If they have left it out, thats plain incompetence of the service manager to let it out the door like that.

Id be on the phone to them asap and I would be taking it back and insisting on watching as they fit the grommet properly and reconnect everything.

Comment

Have a chat with the individual/salesman/owner who sold you the motor. Some apprentice could have installed the motor and didn't know better. I would hope any reputable dealer would not want a disgruntled customer. A lot of money is on the line for parts/maintenance that you may or may not spend at their business.

Comment

seapro

They left the grommet off. I first brought it up to the sales person who sold the engine. I called him back a couple days later and he started to tell me there was a inner and outer grommet that the inner was still in place. I told him that does not reflect the part diagram and this had neither. He asked me to send him pics and I did. Its been several days and no response. My big problem I don't like someone working on my outboard with this level of competency. For me to take the time to go over and watch someone perform the work that I paid for is just wrong my time has value thou I am concerned about warranty issues. Other issues is the wiring harness never was gang together to make sure there is no pressure on any one wire connector from bumpy seas and the fuel line connection is not professional looking.
          I have tried to download jpg. pics to this site and I keep getting a fault. Any Ideas how I can download pics to this site?

Comment

Test of "Upload file"
            Attached Files

Comment

Apple IPad. I Replyed to the thread and scrolled down to "Attach file" and selected a screen shot I took previously. I don't like the small size that I think is controlled by the Suzuki Outboard Forum. Maybe on a desk top Windows unit you might have more control of picture size?

Comment

Are you trying to upload as an attachment? That's easiest , in my opinion. You might have to compress the picture if it's a lot of Mb.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I just tried uploading a 5.5 Mb jpg picture, and it failed. But uploaded this one that was 1.05 Mb and it worked.
                  Attached Files
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Compressed the 5.5 MB picture and it, too uploaded fine
                    Last edited by Harper; 09-19-2017, 07:46 AM.
                    Mike
                    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                    X