Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt40 flushing

1985 dt40 wont flush with earmuffs is this normal

Occasionally some forum members have had issues with muffs, won’t supply water to the impeller but when they put the engine into a barrel or body of water the water pump works. General consensus is the smaller round black muffs work the best. Theoretically one would think any style of muffs should work, you flood the water pump with water and the impeller takes over and sends the water through the engine but that doesn’t always seem to be the case. A couple of questions. How does your water pump work in a barrel? How old is your water pump?

Comment

thank you Murray yes it works in a barrel of water and I put a new impeller in it my muffs are old I will get some new ones putting it in a barrel is a pain have only just got boat and outboard not used yet agree with everything you said cheers rossco

Comment

The small round soft muffs seem to work best.

Try putting them on from the prop end, it seems to get them to fit more closely to the leg and stay on better. Turn the hose on full.

Comment

thanks moonlighter I am of to bcf for a pair of new ones

Comment

A timely topic! I too am having problems running my DT140 on my muffs. Ran just fine last week in the water, but not on my rectangular muffs at half-flow. I'll try some round muffs with full flow, and report back.

Comment

Why not try your rectangle muffs at full flow?

Comment

Well, I tried the rectangular muffs at full flow (thanks for the idea, Murray) but no water out of the engine.
                So, I switched over to a round muff that I keep around for 'smaller' motors, and at full flow lo-and-behold:
                we have water!

Comment

Working...
                X