Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Member / Suzuki DF150 Owner

Hey Guys,

I just picked up a 2008 DF150. I know that it needs the basics like new block anodes and a service, but I was wondering what I should be looking for or replacing as preventative maintenance before I hang it on my boat.

Also, I run Garmin electronics via a NMEA n2k network. What harness will I need for this motor to talk to my Garmin?

Thanks in advance!!!

Regarding linking your motor to the Garmin via NMEA2000, please see this sticky thread, and read the paper and info attached to it, it has all the info you need.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html

If you still have questions or want confirmation aftr that please come back and ask.

Comment

Spend some time looking through the posts, there is a phenomenal amount of information here. Just wish everyone would post the solution to their issues. Kind of like reading a book and realize the last chapter is missing.

Comment

Thanks, Moonlighter. Thats quite the write up and great guidance.

Murray, I've been browsing, but like you said, a lot of issues go without resolve or folks don't follow up.

Now, on terms of preventative maintenance for a 2008 era DF150, what do you all suggest I be watching out for or keeping an eye on?

Thanks!

Comment

I'm no expert but with the research I've done is go through the entire fuel and electrical system with a fine tooth comb. Pull off some fuel lines and look for deterioration, give all wire connections a tug and look for corrosion. Almost all the post I read are fuel or electrical related.
          Get a service manual to help with the above, especially with the electrical. Suzuki has a few sensors throughout the engine.

Comment

Thanks, Murray.

Do you all happen to know the part number for the most recent service manual that covers a 2008 DF150?

I see there are supplement manuals floating around. Curious if they have one manual that covers everything?

Thanks!

Comment

https://www.selffixer.com/search/?p=...ki%20outboards

This is where I found mine, I offered $10 and they excepted the offer, wish I had of offered $5. Genuine Suzuki manual

Comment

I just posted a link and the moderator has to approve the post. In case it doesn't get approved Google selffixit dot com and search your model.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you, Murray. This is a good start!

Comment

I just picked up DF175 (same motor basically). Most of the fuel related posts are from the ethanol fuel we have in the States. You must treat it! And don't let it sit too long.

I searched long and hard for major issues for these motors. Not a lot turned up! But one quirky little thing did pop up. On high hour motors, (looked like 1500 hours and up) the air intake valves (which are plastic flaps) becomes brittle and breaks, sending pieces of plastic thru the intake into the cylinder where it can wreak all kinds of havoc. I don't know how common this is, but I did see the issue pop up on several boater boards. A new intake is over $400...ugh
                    -Shawn

Comment

Working...
                    X