Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF250 Engine - K6 Parts vs. K7 and K8 Parts (2006 - 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 Engine - K6 Parts vs. K7 and K8 Parts (2006 - 2008)

Three Questions for my 2006 Suzuki DF250T (K6) (25001F-680495) standard rotation engine:

1. Can I use DF250T K7 & K8 (2007, 2008) parts interchangably with K6 engine? The service manual is the same.

2. How do I determine if my engine has the 25" or 30" shaft? Can I determine it with the serial number? (NOTE: I ask because I don't have access to go measure the length).

3. Tools: What tools do I need to change the lower end and propeller shaft? Can I buy them in a kit?

I ask because I need to replace the lower end on my 2006 DF250T standard rotation unit. Thanks in advance.

1) The blue tab above “Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts” find your part and scroll down to the bottom, you will find a list of all the engines that the part will fit.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...nd-year-charts

Comment

Question 2 measuring tape from near bottom of engine to middle of prop. No question which it will be.. five inches is a lot.

#2 use a 10 mm Allen wrench. The most important thing is use GL5 - 90 wt oil. Don't buy a 75W-90. This is actually a hard oil to find. It won't be at any automotive shop that I know of. GL5 is an oil designed for pinion gears, terrible wear on regular oil. Buy one of those fittings that screws in for Suzuki (one end threaded the other for tubing and pump head that connects to qt bottle). The fitting g screws into the lower drain.
      Last edited by briscoe; 09-29-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X