1987 suzuki dt150 super six help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 suzuki dt150 super six help!!

Hi everyone, first time in my life on a forum. This engine is driving me MAD!!!!
    Ok here we go! I bought this boat 2 years ago and have had intermittent rev limiter issues ever sense. I will start by saying the oil injection was removed when i bought it. Now last year I fished the boat about 30 times and you never knew when it was going to run or when you would have rev limiter on. Usually I could mess with it long enough to get rev limiter to go off. So two weeks ago I replaced the tilt and trim and figured I would start engine for upcoming bass season and of course I have a rev limit light on and it will not rev. Out of frustration I change a electronic part at the bottom of the CDI/coil panel. (I don't even know what the box does) I know two wires go to oil flow sensor? Anyway after doing that I cranked it and still had rev limiter on. Then cut it off messed with some wires and tried to start it again and it wasn't firing at all! So I swapped computer, coils and whatever else in on that CDI/coil holder and now it runs again but still with rev limiter on!!! The rev light is not light up but it still not firing right side coils! And I now have oil flow light on? Please help me!!

First question, how much of the oil system has been removed? Why remove the oil injection system? Do you have all the parts, if removed? The oil unit is a part of the ECM, if disconnected how did you bypass the sensors/flow switch?

Is this dt150 an EFI motor, or carb motor?

Do you have the Suzuki service manual?

Post back when able to let us know these things. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X