2008 DF 115 fuel pump not priming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 DF 115 fuel pump not priming

Hi, Hoping someone can help out. When I turn the key on my DF115 the alarm sounds taco moves up and down but the fuel pump makes a click sound but no priming and the engine won't start. The white wire is good and both neutral switches are working. I am getting 13 volts at the fuel pump, so presumed it was at fault and replaced it but the problem still exists ?

After a bit more research on the page it appears there may be a relay between the ecu and fuel pump ? I can’t locate it on the wiring diagram only the main ecu relay. This may explain the click I’m hearing.

Comment

There is no relay for the fuel pump, when you turn the key on battery voltage will flow to the pump via a grey wire and the computer will apply a full ground on the black and white ground wire for around three seconds, if it does not receive a signal from the crank sensor when cranking it will remove the ground.
      If you heard clicking with just the key on, it might be the main control relay buzzing from low battery voltage, or when you turned the key to start, it will be the starter solenoid dropping in and out from low battery voltage. Does the engine crank over in the start position.

Do this simple test, go to the fuel pump connect an incandescent test light to ground, remove the fuel pump plug and probe the grey wire with the key on it should light, turn the key off connect the test light too battery pos and probe the black and white wire turn the key on it should light for about three seconds and go out, come back on the forum with your results.

Comment

Thanks good point, the motor will not crank at all. The grey wire checked ok back to the plug under the cowl and voltage appears to be good. Maybe a problem with the ground. Will do the test and get back Thank You.

Comment

With ignition on I am getting power at the grey wire on the fuel pump plug. When I connect to black and white at the plug and pos battery it lights with the key off when I turn it to on light goes out. Seems very strange to me.

Comment

Can't believe I was so stupid turned out to be faulty kill switch. The engine has 1100 hrs so probably good timing to change the fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
            X