Stalls at idle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalls at idle!

Hello, I have a Suzuki df175 that is stalling at idle and would love some input. It acts like it will start but shuts down instantly. Runs great above 1000 rpm. Thank you

Have you checked the primer bulb when the engine stalls? Is it very soft or flat?
    What happens if you pump it?

Comment

Stalls at IDLE

Funny My DF 140 did that last time i had it out, Only thing i did different was use a different fuel supplier, no codes no lights ! swaped IAC, Cleaned Map sensor Think I will go to my usual supplier and give that a go and see what happens

Comment

If you have a anti-syphon valve on your fuel tank (most US boats seem to have them), it can fail/get clogged up and stalling at idle, with the primer bulb soft or flat is the giveaway symptom.

We had the same issue on a DF300 here on my mates Striper. Run fine at revs but drop off the plane to idle and it would stall. Sometimes would stall when first started. Pump the primer and hit thr throttle and it would go fine.

Got rid of the anti-syphon valve, problem solved.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-07-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys, I will look into that! How would you go about cleaning IAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Poulin View Post
            Hello, I have a Suzuki df175 that is stalling at idle and would love some input. It acts like it will start but shuts down instantly. Runs great above 1000 rpm. Thank you
            ''''' Your iac is a six wire stepper motor, a little bit more reliable than the two wire magnetic plunger type on the smaller four cyls, before you pull it off get some carbi cleaner on a rag and clean the inside of the throttle plate, very important, these engines bypass minimum air from the throttle plate. most is done by the iac. then try it.

Comment

Working...
            X