2015 DF250 Intermittent Trim Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 DF250 Intermittent Trim Issue

I have a 2015 DF250 with electronic controls, and the motor will not trim up from the helm unless the wheel is turned to the left, until the motor is between full left and just off the center. At this point, it stops trimming up and won't budge until the wheel is turned the again. I have checked everything and the down switch works fine regardless of wheel position; as does the switch on the cowling.

Is this an issue with a wire in the main harness? I checked the one that goes to the back from the helm and it's perfectly fine; as is the switch in both directions. This only leaves the main harness, which I am not about to mess around with on my own.

In short, I am dropping off the boat at the dealer, and want to ensure I don't get screwed. If it's the main wiring harness (that goes from the bilge into the motor) is this covered under warranty? If not, is it possible to be repaired without replacing the entire harness?

Get someone to hold the trim button in the up position and use a test light and check for battery supply at the trim sender on the motor. If it plays up when moving the motor you would think the problem is in that area, should be easy to find.

Comment

Working...
    X