Compression Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression Loss

Recently I made a trip out with a Suzuki 2.5 HP. Just changed the oil but likely filled it too high. Worked fine on the water though the firing sounded a bit odd. I took home and rinsed with fresh water while draining the carberator. Next time I tried to start the engine I had lost compression. Pull start felt rather lose. Changed spark plug no luck. Took engine apart looked liked a valve was stuck. I cleaned that so it was working smoothly. Then put everything back together. Gaskets looked intact. Piston looked fine. After putting everything back together still no compression. I am stumped at this point. Any help is most appreciated.

You probably have no clearance on your valves, turn the engine over till you get the piston to the top or tdc and make sure you are on the compression stroke, not overlap or when both valves are open, give the exhaust 10 thou, and the inlet eight thou, you should have compression back.

Comment

I should have also said, that is providing you have not up set the valve timing.

Comment

Working...
      X