Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT100 won't restart

Hi everyone.

I bought an 18 foot Canaventure with a Suzuki DT100 on the back. It starts good and runs good. I had it in for servicing and had a few things tweaked. Compression is good all around.

So the wife and I took it out on the lake (Lwr Campbell) and ran around a bit. We decided to shut it down in the middle of the lake and have lunch. After about an hour I tried to start er up ... no go. It would crank over ... but no start. So we limped back to the ramp on the kicker ... stopping twice to try and start the engine in question ... still no go. Got it on the trailer and parked it at home. Out of curiosity I turned the key and she lit up instantly.

What would the issue be ? Any ideas out there ? Actually ... I'm sure there are ... fuel ... spark ...etc. I was just wondering if there is anyone with the same engine that has run into the same problem. Is it a common issue ? Thanks in advance ...

Cheers .... Gerry

This idea is a shot in the dark. Being a DT model your engine has a few years on it. Is the wiring original? What if you have a wiring issue, corrosion, frayed wiring, maybe a spot where the protective coating has rubbed off and you have a bare spot shorting out. If the wiring has issues it showed up on the lake, you loaded the boat on the trailer and the vibration/shaking around on the drive home has moved the wiring/wire enough that it now makes contact.

Comment

Don't think so ... but hey ... anything is possible at this point ... I'm leaning towards defective choke (solenoid) issue ... thanks Murray

Comment

Working...
      X