New Ecu df140a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ecu df140a

hey guys...Just had a new ECU installed in my 140a as it crapped itself and now my Garmin GMi10 doesn't have any movement on the trim gauge when trimming up or down....all other functions on the gauge work as before except the trim position...any ideas??? I will contact service tomorrow but just wondering if any one had any idea?
    thanks

Trim sender stuck/broken?

Comment

They might have unplugged the trim plug in the engine when they were changing the ecu??

I would be checking the connections under the cowl before anything else.

Comment

Where would the sender plug be located mate?it’s a nmea connected gauge (gmi 10 Garmin) so the backbone connection is ok as all other functions are working
        Last edited by woody7; 10-11-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I would think that Moonlighter is referring to the plug and play connector inside of the cowl that the engine mounted trim switch is attached to. That is, the port side middle cowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Joe View Post
            I would think that Moonlighter is referring to the plug and play connector inside of the cowl that the engine mounted trim switch is attached to. That is, the port side middle cowl.
            Yes, although the trim plugs can be notoriously hard to find, sometimes down the front under where the cowl latch is.

Comment

If it is unplugged as your suggesting would the trim still operate?(move up/down)

Comment

Originally posted by woody7 View Post
                If it is unplugged as your suggesting would the trim still operate?(move up/down)
                Don’t get confused with the trim/tilt SWITCH and the trim/tilt SENSOR. The switch, you have two, one on the throttle control and the other is on the cowl labelled Up/Down. The trim Sensor is installed on the clamp bracket shaft between two grease zirks, it’s a black plastic cam. Find the cam and you should be able to follow the wire looking for a connection that might be unplugged. To answer your post #7, if the Switch was unplugged then you would you wouldn’t be able to trim the engine up or down, if the sensor was unplugged then there would be no signal to the trim gauge.(Your issue) Reading my service manual Suzuki recommends you reset the trim/tilt limits when you change the ECM. What I’m ASSUMING is since it’s a new ECM the ECM has no upper and lower limits set so the new ECM doesn’t know where the engine is in trim/tilt position and PERHAPS the ECM won’t send a signal until the upper/lower limits are set.
                Please note the words PERHAPS and ASSUMING are speculation on my part, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chine in.

Comment

Thanks..that makes a lot of sense...going back to service tommorow ..thanks for all the input guys

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post

Don’t get confused with the trim/tilt SWITCH and the trim/tilt SENSOR. The switch, you have two, one on the throttle control and the other is on the cowl labelled Up/Down. The trim Sensor is installed on the clamp bracket shaft between two grease zirks, it’s a black plastic cam. Find the cam and you should be able to follow the wire looking for a connection that might be unplugged. To answer your post #7, if the Switch was unplugged then you would you wouldn’t be able to trim the engine up or down, if the sensor was unplugged then there would be no signal to the trim gauge.(Your issue) Reading my service manual Suzuki recommends you reset the trim/tilt limits when you change the ECM. What I’m ASSUMING is since it’s a new ECM the ECM has no upper and lower limits set so the new ECM doesn’t know where the engine is in trim/tilt position and PERHAPS the ECM won’t send a signal until the upper/lower limits are set.
                    Please note the words PERHAPS and ASSUMING are speculation on my part, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chine in.
                    just to let you know mate..you were on the money...The ECU had to have the trim limits set...

Comment

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X