Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 DF90 starting issue

New to me Suzuki, 2004 DF90.
    When I don’t use it for a few days, I need to squeeze the bulb and it tires right up.
    When I stop and start during the day changing fishing locations, sometimes it doesn’t start. I squeeze the bulb and it usually fires right away.
    Yesterday there were 2 instances where it took 3-4 tries before it fired up.
    New plugs, fresh oils, only use premium fuel. New bulb and hose too.

Shouldn’t the bulb stay hard all day while I’m for the day?

I also have another issue. It’s a noise while at open throttle. I’ll try to add a short video. You can hear it; then it stops right at the end of the video. Sounds like a high pitched rattle. Doesn’t affect performance. It’s intermittent.

wont let me upload the 7 second video. Sorry
    Starts
    10-11-2020
    Ends
    10-12-2020

I am surprised no one has tried to work with you on your question that I just found rolled over to the 2nd page
    If your fuel hose and bulb are the same vintage you may have a bad connection that is letting air into the system and fuel siphon back to the tank.
    I had something very similar and the crimp rings on the fuel bulb were the problem.
    Art

Comment

Thank you for that.
      My previous Yamaha bulb would stay hard all day. I read somewhere it may be a fuel filter component that may not be airtight.
      I had the Suzuki professionally installed at a marine shop. The fuel line is attached at both ends with hose clamps; as is the new bulb I installed.
      it’s time to put it to bed for the winter. I’ll get the problem addressed when they change out the fluids.

Comment

If it’s not put to bed yet I would strongly recommend you change the lower unit oil. If you have water in the lower unit you run the risk of the water freezing and potentially doing serious damage. I would also recommend you change the engine oil, as oil breaks down with use there will be some corrosive compounds in the oil that could do some damage over time. With you living in Winnipeg your engine will be sitting longer than your boating season. I spent a couple years in Snow Lake so I know your winters.

Comment

Yup. They’re changing out all the fluids prior to winter.

Comment

Working...
          X