No announcement yet.

Manual for Remote Control Box DF50? Neutral microswitch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does 5400 rpm seem reasonable WOT speed on water? Spec is 5900-6500 rpm.

Any risk of using it as-is for a while, will setting idle speed at 1200-1300 pose any risks?

Comment

I tried to find a textbook answer. According to Tim Gilles Automotive Engines 5th Ed, “Low oil pressure at idle can also result if the relief valve is stuck in the open position. This opening is so large that the pump cannot fill the system at low speed, although pressure will usually build to normal levels at higher engine speeds.”

What are potential consequences for high idle speed? With the current 20W-50 oil, 1200-1300 rpm idle setting required to keep oil pressure light off in hot condition, as engine speed drops significantly when in gear, i.e. for trolling or just shifting in and out of neutral with boat in water. Spec is 800-900 rpm idle with 10W-40 oil.
      1)clutch wear:???
      2)inability to slow troll: too fast approach speed at dock and boat ramp, just coast in
      3)wasting fuel: not a big deal on small 4 stroke
      4)overheating: seems unlikely
      5)anything else ???

Thanks!

Comment

Mate the pressure regulator valve is the oil pressure relief valve same thing i have been telling you i give up

Comment

Oil pressure relief valve appears stuck slightly open, picture attached. I can't get the valve out, so replacement seems best. I'll order a new pump cover and valve. Pump Rotors appear to have tight clearances and no wear or corrosion, could reuse rotors unless someone advises me otherwise. I'll also need a new lower oil seal gasket, big gasket and o-ring that go between power unit and engine holdet. This time I pulled the power head with all auxiliary systems attached, not per service manual, but definitely saved some time. Thanks for guidance!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Elliot Griffin; 04-17-2017, 10:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Working...
          X