Suski140 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suski140 2005

Recently purchased a 2005 140 while testing it she ran g great probably ran 6 miles so I purchased her. Brought it home. Changed water separator and installed all new transducers and lights. Upon my first test run she will get up to 5500pms after a 1/2 mile then acts like she runs out of fuel. Installed new pumper bulb. Made sure vent was open. Check high pressure filter . Also checked lower pressure pump it pumps fine. White wire is connected and maintaining power. If you back down to idle and cruise around for 5 minutes she will run about 1/2 mile and die out again any help would be appreciated

when it is fuel starved- what is the condition of the primer bulb? full or like it has been sucked in?
    Art

Comment

Full plus it's a new bulb

Comment

Any chance you inadvertently kinked/twisted a fuel line when you changed the water separator, restricting fuel? What shape are the fuel lines? When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

Comment

Fuel filters are new all fuel lines are new as of last last. When u pump the bulb gas flows easily all the way to the motor .....

Comment

My thought was the engine ran fine before you worked on the fuel system you changed the water separator and now you are having issues. When you changed your high pressure fuel filter did you check your float for proper height? You sound confident that all is good to the engine, then your issue is likely “downstream” of the main fuel filter. That could include a week low pressure fuel pump not supplying enough fuel to the VST, float out of specifications causing fuel starvation. It just seems fishy that your issue started after you change the water separator which is why I questioned your fuel lines(Post #4)

Comment

I changed the filters after this happened also checked the small screen in the high pressure pump. Any help would be appreciated. Like what is high fuel pressure supposed to be and how to check it. I have fuel pressure gauges . Thanks

Comment

Got 34psi at injector rail

Comment

It should not easlily of be pump fuel to the engine once the fuel system has been charged. so you are effectively burning the fuel out and it is not refilling
                  That would indicate to me a hose clamp is not properly tightened #1 probably bleeding air in as it try's to pump fuel
                  There also could be a problem with the float valve in the vst
                  If the float valve is stuck in the open position which could create problems
                  as you kind of describe it, however it maybe stuck in the closed position
                  pumping the fuel bulb puts fuel back in it which would let you run it for a short time
                  Art

Comment

Thanks art

Comment

Update. Found my needle vavle assemble retaining screw loose. Not allowing needle to open all the way

Comment

Working...
                      X