C-10 monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-10 monitor

I am replacing my C-10 monitor with the new 34000-96L63 unit. Is there any modifications in the wiring that will need to be changed. Is this a direct fit conversion ? My c-10 currently displays straight lines such as these --- --- ---
    Last edited by BayGoat; 10-19-2020, 11:36 AM.

Moonlighter is the guru, he will likely want the year of your engine. To my understanding the dashed lines means you have an issue with the engine data not getting to the C10. The C10 unit might be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
      Moonlighter is the guru, he will likely want the year of your engine. To my understanding the dashed lines means you have an issue with the engine data not getting to the C10. The C10 unit might be ok.
      I thought that myself ! My Suzuki dealer to me to change it out and it will be fine. I am not buying their BS for a minute, but shame on me if I am wrong. Any way the motor is a 2017 300 AP. Thanks in advance

Comment

If the C10 turns on but only shows dashes, then that means that it is not getting info from the engine interface cable. It may just have lost network data sources, it does happen sometimes. Can be for several reasons, one of which is running the wrong version software on the interface cable. But we will get to that later if necessary.

A quick fix that often works is to simply run an auto detect for network data sources. Easy to do.

Turn key on so C-10 starts. Open menu, select menu/system/network then select sources. You will see an option to auto select sources. Pick that and Do it. There is a 50/50 chance that will restore the engine data to the C-10.

Let us know how that goes. If it doesnt work we can get you to do some more tests and see what the problem might be.

Comment

Oh and the new Suuzki SmG4 digital gauge is not a “direct replacement” for the C-10, it doesnt work the same way at all.

Yes it fits in the same hole but it requires an adapter cable that connects direct to the engine harness, not via the Interface cable that the C10 uses.

And its pages and settings are not customisable like the C10 is, and it doesnt tell you fuel remaining or trip or seasonal fuel, it will ONLY tell you fuel used, and when you add fuel the only option is to reset fuel used to zero. So you cant add some fuel but not fill the tank, it cant cope with that.

Comment

Thanks moonlighter ! I will check this out !

Comment

the <> button is not working properly , I guess

Comment

Working...
              X