X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 70-100 ampere!? and mounting guide

Hi
    New to this forum.
    Recently received my new Df70 (same block of DF80 and DF90). Still in box, wating for new boat to reach.

Looking at guidebook, indicated at least 100 Ampere for the battery! I know of much bigger outboards using less Ampere than that.
    Can anybody explain this demand for high Amperage? Will 100 ampere being the minimum indicated be enough? giving only outboard will be using it and maybe also bilge pump.

2-have not seen mounting manual in the box (unless still hidden somewhere in box). Is there any guide for mounting the outboard? same question for all electricity.

3-battery cables should be purchased separately? haven't noticed they exist.

many thanks
    sameh

I run a DF200 on a 70 A/h car battery with no additional power consumers and never had problems.

Suzuki (and probably other brands too) with digital bus can react with strange errors on low bus voltage.
    I guess this is the reason that Suzuki suggest a oversized battery.
    The cables, bolts, manuals, gauges,etc are usually in a box inside the big box containing the engine. Sometimes this box comes apart and the dealer put it inside the engine box, but he may forgot it?
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrigelKarrer View Post
      I run a DF200 on a 70 A/h car battery with no additional power consumers and never had problems.

Suzuki (and probably other brands too) with digital bus can react with strange errors on low bus voltage.
      The cables, bolts, manuals, gauges,etc are usually in a box inside the big box containing the engine. Sometimes this box comes apart and the dealer put it inside the engine box, but he may forgot it?
      Chris
      ''''Voltage drop is the reason they want you to use large capacity batteries, as I have said many times before, lift up the bonnet on a Suzuki vitara and you will see a battery half the size of what you use in your boat, because the ecu in your boat has not got the software to accommodate for low voltage, eg, changing dwell on ignition and pulse width on injection.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrigelKarrer View Post

Chris
        thank you.

among all material came with outboard, no mounting guide.
        found on internet old manual but not sure it is 100% relevant to new suzuki model 2016..

checking in box pockets, found there are 2 battery cables in box.
        thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by redlowrey View Post
          ''''Voltage drop is the reason they want you to use large capacity batteries, as I have said many times before, lift up the bonnet on a Suzuki vitara and you will see a battery half the size of what you use in your boat, because the ecu in your boat has not got the software to accommodate for low voltage, eg, changing dwell on ignition and pulse width on injection.
          thank you for the explanation.
          question is whether to go on 100 AMP or larger if using few electric equipment on same battery, such as fishfinder and bilge pump. 110 AMP maybe?

Comment

Working...
          X