Suzuki DF90 2005 / Trim & Tilt problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF90 2005 / Trim & Tilt problem

Motor stuck in up position, manual says to open manual service valve two turns and motor will go down. Anything else I have to do...tilt lever etc ?

No, ensure the tilt lock is “disengaged” so it won’t stop the engine from tilting down and proceed. With my engine about a quarter turn counterclockwise and the engine will start to tilt down to the vertical position.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
      No, ensure the tilt lock is “disengaged” so it won’t stop the engine from tilting down and proceed. With my engine about a quarter turn counterclockwise and the engine will start to tilt down to the vertical position.
      Thanks for your reply, the motor sat for months while the parts for my fuel separator were waiting to be shipped...C-19. It appears the tilt bracket lever is stuck as I can't budge it. I will have to wait until my grandson comes over and see if we can lift the motor a little to take the pressure off the tilt bracket mechanism. I don't want to pry or force anything which could lead to breakage.

Comment

Dumb question, why don’t you use the trim/tilt switch? They are heavy don’t pull a groin muscle.

Comment

Guess I should have stated that the trim / tilt isn't working. I can hear the pump motor run and it tries to move down. It was in the down position, I loosened the hydraulic screw and my grandson and myself manually lifted it to the up position. I can't move the tilt bracket lever up or down, will wait for grandson to come over and see if lifting up on the motor allows me to move the tilt lever.

Comment

Ok, just needed enough muscle to lift the weight of the tilt bracket, pump motor is energized for down but not up. Probably a faulty relay, I'll check it tomorrow.

Comment

did you check the integrity of the trim switch on the side of the engine?
              These are known to go bad by allowing water to get in and short out the switch

Comment

I hadn't perform a check before reading your post but did so this morning. Getting 12v to grd at the switch disconnect, but only got continuity through one side of the switch. Looks like you nailed it first shot, thanks, This motor has been sitting for months, I rebuilt the fuel / vapor separator but was in the process of installing it when I discovered the trim problem, thanks again, may need to call on you again as I go.

Comment

Working...
                X