Oil warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil warning light

Last weekend while coming back in I noticed my oil light flashing. I stopped the boat and checked the oil. All OK. I started it back up and still flashing. It came up to speed without going into "limp home" and there were no unusual engine noises. Is this a service reminder? Bad O/P switch?
    2015 DF175

Could be an preprogrammed oil change reminder. First reminder is 20 hours then every 100 hours after that.

Comment

Thanks Murray... I'll try resetting it.
      You wouldn't happen to know where I can tap into the idle duty signal, would you? And what do I set my VOM to? She idles low...
      Thanks again.

Comment

I think your idle is factory set. As far as I know you need the SDS to see what’s going on with the idle. Factors that effect idle are IAC valve, air leaking into the air intake system, tappet clearance out of spec, timing out of spec. I’ve probably missed a few hopefully someone with a larger engine will add to the list or correct me if I’m wrong.
        Your oil lamp should flash constantly and beep only when the key is turned on if it is the oil reset that is causing the alarm.

Comment

According to the operator's service manual, there is a way of adjusting it. There is an air bypass screw but to be adjusted to a 10% duty cycle with a specific procedure. My idle is too low. At times I have to disengage the F/R lever to bump it up a little. Not something I like doing, especially if there is an urgency.
          There was no beep with my O/P light, just a flash, but I'll rester it anyway.
          Thanks again. Smooth seas!

Comment

Reading my service manual (2009 DF90A) I can’t adjust my idle, wasn’t sure about the larger engines. I should have been clearer in my comments. Likewise with the oil reminder, my information is from my owners manual, Suzuki might have changed that also. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X