Suzuki DF70 2003 Mystery pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF70 2003 Mystery pin

Unknown pin from a Suzuki DF 70 Need help.
    I took off cylinder head from my Suzuk DF 70.
    When I did the pictured pin landed on my foot. I cant find where it goes and neither can my local Suzuki dealer.Any help would be appreciated.Im a mechanic for over 40 years and this has me puzzled.Pic is in link above..Please click on link below to view said part. Thanks.

http://imgur.com/GFbyaNo
    Last edited by Heinekenking; 04-14-2017, 11:39 AM. Reason: more info.

2003 DF70 Suzuki Marine Outboard CYLINDER HEAD Diagram and Parts
    question
    part #9 two dowel pins ??

Comment

I think #9 is a hollow pin. The one I posted is solid.
      Maybe I should have mentioned this.
      Many thanks for your answer.

Comment

Have you taken any other componets off or apart besides what is needed to remove the head?

The reason I am asking is that I skimmed through the parts diagrams, and the only component I can find that is cose to that size is the clutch dog pin that measures 7x48 (I'm sure it's in mm), which would be .7x4.8cm

It does look like it could be a valve train component or a holder for some moving components. However, you know as a Mechanic, sometimes certain parts only come in an assembly so it may not show up on a parts diagram.
        Henry

Comment

push rod for low pressure fuel pump.

Comment

@ Nayna.That sounds like its worth looking into for sure.And i will let you know as soon as I can. Thanks for reply.
            Larry

Comment

@ bezerk
              That does sound plausible too.
              I will check that and get back to you as soon as i get back to workshop and look.
              Many thanks for your help.
              Much appreciated.
              Larry

Comment

Originally posted by bezerk View Post
                push rod for low pressure fuel pump.
                ''''I think your on the money.

Comment

I'm with these guys. That makes sense being in the cylinder head. It doesn't give a measurement for the fuel push rod in the catalog.
                  Henry

Comment

I was taking the cylinder head off. I did not realise at the time you had to take the power head off as well. So all the bolts from cyl.head was off.When cylinder head would not come off I had to loosen power head, which I did. It is only then you can release cylinder head.When I released cylinder head that was the part that fell on the ground. Has me stumped. And my local Suzuki dealer as well.I really appreciate the help you guys are giving. Just to clarify, i checked all above suggestions and none worked out. Badly stuck here now as I have all new parts I ordered and obviously I wont go ahead with assembly until I find out where this part goes. Thanks again for your help.Its badly needed at this stage.

Comment

I've had a pretty good at these heads in pieces,and i don't ever remember seeing that pin. So my Question is, are you the original owner or was it purchased used, if so possibly the previous owner had fuel pump problems and left that pin inside unknowingly ? also now that the engine holder gasket has been disturbed, it will need to be replaced

Comment

Bought it new and am the only owner..
                        Have all new gaskets ready for assembly.
                        Thanks for input.
                        Im beginning to wonder am i looking at the wrong end!!

Maybe i should be looking in the oil pan end??
                        Last edited by Heinekenking; 04-17-2017, 09:18 AM. Reason: More info.

Comment

@ Bezerk.
                          Please except my humble apologies..You were bang on.
                          I got the head back from workshop after getting valves re-seated and while assembling the head i noticed the hole where the rod goes.
                          I didn't add two and two when i looked at the fuel pump and just saw the big plunger.
                          I have to put my hand up and admit it or I couldn't sleep at night.
                          Many many thanks to all for your help..
                          Larry.
                          Last edited by Heinekenking; 04-20-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X