Coolant tell tale temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant tell tale temp

While idling my engine, a 2015 DF 175, for a long time dropping traps I decided to feel the tell-tale temp and found it just above sea temp. Shouldn't it be warmer? After all the coolant temp sensor provides info for the correct air/fuel ratio, right?
    Last edited by pursuitoftime; 12-02-2020, 03:36 PM.

After idling for a while, the engine temp cools down compared to what it was when running at high revs.

Then depending on the ocean/lake water temp, the thermostat will open and close to maintain appropriate engine temp. This will alter the telltale temp. So its normal for telltale water to vary between warmish to fairly close to ambient water temps.

FYI Our Suzuki’s have 2 temp alarms, one is temp absolute which is when temp reaches the “too hot” level, the other is temp gradient which is when temp increases faster than a predetermined rate. So there is a good level of protection built in.

I short, you have nothing to worry about. Its normal.

Comment

Originally posted by pursuitoftime View Post
      While idling my engine, a 2015 DF 175, for a long time dropping traps I decided to feel the tell-tale temp and found it just above sea temp. Shouldn't it be warmer? After all the coolant temp sensor provides info for the correct air/fuel ratio, right?
      Piss warm is all it will ever get, the sender is screwed into the head. The tattle tale stream just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that water is moving, its extra not needed in the cooling system. Kind of like the fuel return line. I run mine in 0deg F. weather & lots of time the piss line is frozen (takes about 10min to thaw) Watch the temp gage! Have a good one!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X