Engine Interface Cable 2005 df90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Interface Cable 2005 df90

How can I get engine data from my 2005 df90 to a raymarine element 7 via NMEA2000? I know I need some sort of cable but where can i find this and what model do I need? thanks

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

A good place to start.

Comment

The really big problem with doing this exercise on a 2005 engine is that you really need the old model Suzuki engine interface cable. And they are no longer available.

With this system, it is critical that the engine interface cable version matches the engine year. A 2005 engine needs a version 2.30 interface cable. They stopped being made at least 5 years ago.

So your only chance is to get a used one. And guess what? You are not the only person who is looking for one, they are rare as rocking horse poo and expensive as diamonds.

Your second problem, if that first issue can be solved, is that once installed, you then need to configure the network, and the Raymarine cannot do that. Only Lowrance, Simrad and Suzuki displays can configure a Suzuji interface/network. The document on the thread Murray linked explains it further.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-14-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hi. I Think this is my first post, but have learned a lot from you Mr. Moonlighter regarding the nmea network. I got hold of a used interface from ebay ver 2.5. I bought a new smis4" and a lowrance ti 7". I have the nmea startup kit. Downloaded ver 2.3 to the lowrace as it should talk well with my 2007 df115. I was planning on get rid of all the analog gauges and just put the 4 pin plug into the diagnoseplug in the engine and not have to put it thru the rubber grommet and hose. Turns out that I only have the 16 pin multiplug and no breakout for the gauges. Would it be ok to pull the 3 wires from that multiplug and make a connection that runs in to the diagnose plug? And then put the 4 pin plug into the interface under my dash? I have read everything about this topic I can find, but haven't seen anything about missing that analog 4 pin connector in the engine. Maybe the engine is just too old to have that feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster View Post
          Hi. I Think this is my first post, but have learned a lot from you Mr. Moonlighter regarding the nmea network. I got hold of a used interface from ebay ver 2.5. I bought a new smis4" and a lowrance ti 7". I have the nmea startup kit. Downloaded ver 2.3 to the lowrace as it should talk well with my 2007 df115. I was planning on get rid of all the analog gauges and just put the 4 pin plug into the diagnoseplug in the engine and not have to put it thru the rubber grommet and hose. Turns out that I only have the 16 pin multiplug and no breakout for the gauges. Would it be ok to pull the 3 wires from that multiplug and make a connection that runs in to the diagnose plug? And then put the 4 pin plug into the interface under my dash? I have read everything about this topic I can find, but haven't seen anything about missing that analog 4 pin connector in the engine. Maybe the engine is just too old to have that feature.
          Apologies to Noah for butting in on his thread. Should really start a new thread on your issue. I will reply once quickly but if you need more info please start a separate thread.

Your 2007 engine should have a round 8 pin SDS plug on the engine. They changed to square 4 pin in 2008. So I do not believe you will be able to send NMEA2000 data up to the helm via the main harness. You will have to pull a new wire through the rigging tube into the boat.

There is a special adapter cable for the round plugs to connect to the interface cable. Here is a link that shows you the correct part required

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...r-38p63584.htm

I suggest/recommend you get that adapter cable from your supplier of choice, then cut it in half and solder/heat shrink long wires in to extend its length so it goes back thru the rigging tube into the boat and up to the area behind the dash. You can then plug your interface cable into it there. Just match the wire gauge as closely as you can and use marine grade tinned wire. Use double walled glue lined heat shrink to seal the joins.

Comment

Thanks. I was afraid of that, but I had to ask. I have the 4 pin connectors so I will change out the round plug and make me a long cable and pull it thru the rigging tube. I really hate that part

Comment

Working...
            X