Need help with bumping motor on plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with bumping motor on plane

Motor bumps and jerks on plane cleaned carbs rebuilt fuel pump replaced all gas lines and replaced a bad coil and it seemed to help a little bit but it's still bumping on plane and shuts off at a low idle

Gonna require a lot more information before you can expect much help. Year and model of the unit, and more clarification of what you mean by "bumps". And does it only happen on plane, at high RPM, or does it also happen at no-wake speeds. Have you checked the plugs? Plug wires? Filters? Voltage while running, and condition of battery. Could need tuning, or could be more major. Have you checked things such as compression? Checked the timing?

See? There are way too many variables to make any diagnoses without more info.
    Last edited by Harper; 04-16-2017, 02:29 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Sounds like a 2 stroke, but can't tell unless you give us some help (crystal ball not working at this time).

Post back when able to let us know.

Comment

It's a 1991 Suzuki ft 75 oil injection 2 stroke it does it all the time sometimes and sometimes it runs great for a few minutes then bogs down and starts jerking like revving up and bogging down I have a video of it not sure how to post it

Comment

Spark plugs are all new gapped to specification I'm getting spark on all three plugs now after I replaced a bad ignition coil I also cleaned the carbs and replaced all the fuel lines and rebuilt the fuel pump diaphragm and idled it up because it was cutting off at low idle

Comment

Working...
          X