Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-6 Code O2 sensor

Hi all
    Just some info. On my 2014 DF300AP, I ran the engine on muffs no issues, changed oil & filter, started again no issues. I changed the fuel/water filter, squeezed the bulb for fuel to fill up the new filter was taking so much time I decided to start the engine and let the engine pumps pull the fuel. Started right up, after less than a minute or so got the 3-6 code. Shut down, put the boat in the water started right up, Ran around for 45 minutes, no issues with codes, so my thoughts that it had that code, cause it showed incorrect fuel flow, Don't know. Fingers crossed for another great season.
    With all the technology those engineers put into these engines do you think they would have thought about not getting oil all over when changing the oil and filter. 5 minutes to change the oil and filter an hour to clean up oil that dripped here and there. If/hope that is the only problem. Great running/looking engine.
    Have a great season all of us northern types now that the snow is melted

Tip when changing the inline fuel filter (Racor style):

Fill the filter (90%) with fuel before installing it. Saves all that drama of pumping the heckout of the bulb!

Strange it threw the O2 code.

Comment

What does the 02 sensor do? I have intermittent 3-6 code coming up. Idle when I first start for 10 min, it goes off When I Turn off, shut battery switch start up bring up over 1200 RPMS runs fine for the rest of day
      Voltage = 12.8
      voltage while running = 14
      voltage when code comes on 13.7
      I have never pumped the bulb ever!
      that's next to try.
      This code only happens on the first start up of the day
      Dealer time??????
      2014 DF300AP
      Thank you
      John

Comment

The 02 sensor monitors the air fuel ratio, it is a fuel trimmer that keeps the air fuel ratio at 14.7 to 1 while you are cruising, the sensor is located in the exhaust. The sensor generates a voltage within it's self between .1 and .9 of a volt, when the ecu see's a high voltage it will lean the fuel injector pulse width and when it see's a low voltage it will increase the pulse with on the injectors this happens at a fast rate.

When you first start the engine the sensor will be in what they call open loop and when it gets hot enough it will go into closed loop, your sensor may be taking too long to go into closed loop or it may be software related Suzuki have had a lot of problems in this area.

It has nothing to with your charging voltage.

Comment

Thank you for the reply
          I am not going to hurt anything????? It is intermittent, just wondered why, if I shut the key switch off and back on code still stays, I have to shut the battery switch off and on to clear it. If it is an issue with software, has it repaired on other models? I just heard many issues are voltage problems, but not mine.
          Thank you
          John

Comment

Working...
          X