No announcement yet.

Suzuki to Lowrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonlighter: I had the dealer install the 3.5.4 and connect it to my nmea 2k network. They also installed the fuel level sensor. I told them that i wanted my analog gauges to continue to work. . . . . My tach works, but they disconnected the cable that presumably runs to the engine and gives codes (my warning lights dont buzz when i turn the key, plugged it in and the warning lights buzz). They also disconnected the analog gas gauge, said they could not get both to work (analog and digital). It seems as if my fuel consumption and fuel level is only being calculated by the engine calculations. I had to do the refuel function in order to get the electronic fuel gauge to reset to full. Also, analog speedo is not working; is that because the cable is disconnected to the engine?

wondering if you can provide some guidance on getting analog and digital to all work properly. . . .

Did the dealer take the easy way out and disconnect those wires, or will plugging them in create issues? I have not tried running it with everything plugged back in yet, just looked into it this evening and was not able to run it with everything plugged back in. I would like to think the dealer did it the right way, but i dont think that is the case here. . . .

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by mndfuller View Post
      Moonlighter: I had the dealer install the 3.5.4 and connect it to my nmea 2k network. They also installed the fuel level sensor. I told them that i wanted my analog gauges to continue to work. . . . . My tach works, but they disconnected the cable that presumably runs to the engine and gives codes (my warning lights dont buzz when i turn the key, plugged it in and the warning lights buzz). They also disconnected the analog gas gauge, said they could not get both to work (analog and digital). It seems as if my fuel consumption and fuel level is only being calculated by the engine calculations. I had to do the refuel function in order to get the electronic fuel gauge to reset to full. Also, analog speedo is not working; is that because the cable is disconnected to the engine?

wondering if you can provide some guidance on getting analog and digital to all work properly. . . .

Did the dealer take the easy way out and disconnect those wires, or will plugging them in create issues? I have not tried running it with everything plugged back in yet, just looked into it this evening and was not able to run it with everything plugged back in. I would like to think the dealer did it the right way, but i dont think that is the case here. . . .

thanks,
      A few issues there. Lets do them one by one.

Fuel tank gauge. The dealer is correct. You can only have one or the other. Make your choice. Reason is that the tank sender outputs ohms readings and if you split those wires to feed 2 sources, it simply wont give correct readings.

Analogue tach warning lights. There is no reason for them to be disconnected and I dont even know how you would do that! Or why!
      If they have done the Interface connection via the SDS adapter cable, which they would need to do in order to keep the analogue tacho etc operating, then I cant see any reason for that at all.

Speedo - again there is no reason why it cant continue to work while the interface is connected via the SDS plug. Possibly they have disconnected some part of the gauge harness behind the dash that affects both the tacho lights and the speedo. But heck, I have no idea. You will have to ask them.

I would ask them how and where they connected the interface cable. They should have used the SDS adapter cable to connect it to the engine’s SDS plug. This leaves the main wiring harness connected to the standard analogue ecu output plug, and doing it this way leaves the analogue gauges totally separate to the digital connection. So both can operate completely separately to each other.

Comment

Working...
      X