Suzuki to Lowrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki to Lowrance

Mate of mine is looking at fitting a Suzuki DF30 and wanting to know if you can get an interface cable from the motor to connect to a Lowrance Elite TI2 for engine data

Moonlighter is the guru, he will likely want the year of the engine. In the meantime some reading material.

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...a2000-networks

Comment

It will be new so I would say 2020

Comment

Yes, read the sticky and the attachments as per Murray’s link. Tells you and your mate everything. It has to be connected via a NMEA2000 network.

The only update to that info is that for a current year engine you will need to use a Suzuki interface cable running Version 3.5.4 or later.

Comment

Thanks guys just checking as some people have said that a 30 hp is not supported only from 40 hp up is this so?

Comment

Read the attachment to the Suzuki networking stick, as said before it answers all these questions. Page 1 addresses your latest question.

Comment

Hello, first post here and I have been reading a lot. I have purchased a brand new boat with Suzuki DF90 ATL and will be taking possession of the boat in in April. However I would like to as most people seem to have my engine data available on my Lowrance unit. I am looking for some verification as to what Lowrance units will actually show the engine data ie: fuel flow, tach, etc. I am currently looking at a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2 unit. Will this unit be sufficient? I am getting the boat rigged with the SMIS cable and it will have the troll mode option installed as well. I will be installing the fish finder myself however and want to make sure I buy a unit with the correct hardware / software. Lowrance's site states Elite FS series however I believe that is just due to that being their latest product line.

Comment

Originally posted by Handsomerob1980 View Post
                Hello, first post here and I have been reading a lot. I have purchased a brand new boat with Suzuki DF90 ATL and will be taking possession of the boat in in April. However I would like to as most people seem to have my engine data available on my Lowrance unit. I am looking for some verification as to what Lowrance units will actually show the engine data ie: fuel flow, tach, etc. I am currently looking at a Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2 unit. Will this unit be sufficient? I am getting the boat rigged with the SMIS cable and it will have the troll mode option installed as well. I will be installing the fish finder myself however and want to make sure I buy a unit with the correct hardware / software. Lowrance's site states Elite FS series however I believe that is just due to that being their latest product line.
                The Lowrance Ti2 MFD will display all available info from the Suzuki. As will all HDS series units. I assume that Elite FS series will also, but download the manual and check that it has engine data pages available. If it shows engine data pages, it will show all available info from the Suzuki.

Make sure that they install the version 3.5.4 Suzuki interface cable. Alternatively, if you get them to install the new Suzuki Connect interface cable, then all the fault codes and service reminders will show on the Lowrance screen. It is a bit more expensive than the standard interface cable.

Please, please, please read the info on the sticky thread linked earlier on this thread and the info paper that I wrote attached to that thread. I wrote it specifically to help people doing what you are doing, and so I don’t need to repeat the same advice over and over again.

It tells you everything about how to set it up, what data is transmitted to the network, and answers all common questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

The Lowrance Ti2 MFD will display all available info from the Suzuki. As will all HDS series units. I assume that Elite FS series will also, but download the manual and check that it has engine data pages available. If it shows engine data pages, it will show all available info from the Suzuki.

Make sure that they install the version 3.5.4 Suzuki interface cable. Alternatively, if you get them to install the new Suzuki Connect interface cable, then all the fault codes and service reminders will show on the Lowrance screen. It is a bit more expensive than the standard interface cable.

Please, please, please read the info on the sticky thread linked earlier on this thread and the info paper that I wrote attached to that thread. I wrote it specifically to help people doing what you are doing, and so I don’t need to repeat the same advice over and over again.

It tells you everything about how to set it up, what data is transmitted to the network, and answers all common questions.
                  Thank you, I have read and will re-read it, I was just looking for some confirmation that it would be the right unit. I did download the manual, and it shows engine pages and a process for calibrating fuel flow. I am a Mechanical and tech savvy person with no nmea 2000 experience. It does seem very similar to the Old BNC computer networking daisy chained with terminating resistors.

Once again thank you for the clarity and your timely response!

Comment

Do you know the part number for this new Suzuki Connect Interface Cable? I did a quick search and can't seem to find it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Do you know the part number for this new Suzuki Connect Interface Cable? I did a quick search and can't seem to find it.

Thanks again.
                      Here it is.

https://suzukioutboardmarine.com/pro...connect-cable/

NMEA2000 is pretty much the marine version of the CANBUS system used on cars.

Edit: I should have said at the start, that there are 2 different Suzuki gauge systems available now.

The one we have been talking about so far is based on the Suzuki engine interface cables. Mostly, new installs with this system will be done in combo with the Suzuki C-10 digital gauge.

The newer system is based on the Suzuki SMG4 digital gauges, and it doesnt use interface cables.

The SMG4 gauge connects to the engine harness via a simple adapter cable, and it doesnt even need to be connected to a NMEA2000 network to operate. Although, the gauges can and often are connected to the network in order to share engine data with other displays such as the Lowrance displays we have discussed. The connection to the network from the gauges is via a simple NMEA2000 drop cable from the gauge to a network T.

So bear this in mind when you are setting things up, it will be done differently depending on the core gauge system that is installed on the new boat.
                      Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-30-2021, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Here it is.

Edit: I should have said at the start, that there are 2 different Suzuki gauge systems available now.

The one we have been talking about so far is based on the Suzuki engine interface cables. Mostly, new installs with this system will be done in combo with the Suzuki C-10 digital gauge.

The newer system is based on the Suzuki SMG4 digital gauges, and it doesnt use interface cables.

The SMG4 gauge connects to the engine harness via a simple adapter cable, and it doesnt even need to be connected to a NMEA2000 network to operate. Although, the gauges can and often are connected to the network in order to share engine data with other displays such as the Lowrance displays we have discussed. The connection to the network from the gauges is via a simple NMEA2000 drop cable from the gauge to a network T.

So bear this in mind when you are setting things up, it will be done differently depending on the core gauge system that is installed on the new boat.
                        Thanks once again, yeah the boat is equipped with analogue gauges from factory. I requested the troll mode be installed, and after researching fish finders I decided that the option to have the engine data displayed on the MFD would be super beneficial to maintaining the engine and getting the most out of the combo as far as longevity and fuel economy. Not to mention bragging rights with all my friends who are running analogue gauges still.

So cable PN: 990C0-88170 connected to the Engine, and then connected to the NMEA 2K backbone will be all I need to start pulling Data from the engine on my Lowrance Elite 7 Ti2. I am an Auto mechanic by trade so the Canbus reference is great. This is also why I am jumping at the chance to have diagnostic information available to me through the MFD.

Thanks again Sir, your knowledge knows no bounds!

Comment

Here it is.

So another question, I'm in Canada and Suzuki Canada doesn't seem to have any knowledge of PN 990C0-88170, they do however say it maybe PN: 34923-96L01 Do you happen to know if this is the same part?

Comment

So another question, I'm in Canada and Suzuki Canada doesn't seem to have any knowledge of PN 990C0-88170, they do however say it maybe PN: 34923-96L01 Do you happen to know if this is the same part?
                            I do not think that is the same part.

You will probably need to buy the Connect interface cable from a US Suzuki outboard dealer. We cannot get them here yet in Australia either.

Comment

I do not think that is the same part.

You will probably need to buy the Connect interface cable from a US Suzuki outboard dealer. We cannot get them here yet in Australia either.
                              Sounds good, so if my boat is rigged for analogue gauges I can install the 990C0-88136 then the 990C0-88170 and connect to the NMEA 2K backbone and still have the analogue gauges work along side the Lowrance MFD? I believe that's what I'm reading in your document.

Comment

Working...
                              X