No announcement yet.

1990 DT150 SS No Spark On One Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. The float should activate limp mode, as well as neutral switch, and oil switch/ flow & level.
    If stator isn't putting out proper a/c voltage to rectifier/regulator, this could throw volt readings the control module needs for comparison for good and bad operations, causing limp mode (interfering with spark to one bank).

The reason i suggest some of these trials (neutral switch, sensors, coils, etc.), it can confirm more directly what your problem really is. No need to buy a bunch of parts if something simple fixes it. Had a friend that replaced all plugs with new, and found 2 bad plugs from the parts store, put his old plugs in, ran fine. Parts store couldn't believe he got 2 bad ones, but they tested bad too.

On one of my motors, the magnets came loose and ate/ damaged my low condenser charging coil. I removed the damaged outside windings (about 3yards long), cleaned and re-soldered, and although my resistance changed, i got my motor running fine again, was able to use it until i got another. I found one online within a month and replaced it.

You should then Google anyone parting out their dt150 for those parts & maybe manual for good diagrams, you need. Or Google those part#'s with the item name, just make sure the parts you need are good (not the reason motor is being parted out). They should show pics, and might even read resistance values if asked?

Good luck, post back how it's going.

Comment

Power Head

Solarman I have not had a chance to do any more testing but I was able to pick up a new powerhead. I got a 225 powerhead with all of the electronics so I am going to give that a shot. I still don't have $500 total in this motor so I am still sitting ok. My newest question is, are there any seals or anything like that I should check and or replace before I mount it? I just don't want to have to take it off. Thanks

Comment

A "new", or used powerhead? If used, the crankshaft seal at bottom, and the mating gasket surfaces. If the gasket surfaces have any corrosion (leaving gaps under gasket), they have to be repaired, before mounting it. Otherwise water will leak into exhaust ports of cylinders.

Good luck, post back when able to let us know how it's going.

Comment

It is a used powerhead. Do I need to check the lower seal or replace it? Thanks again for the help.

Comment

If you can replace the seal without splitting the casing, i would do it, only if that is possible. Otherwise, i would not.

I would not install the powerhead if any of the surfaces the gasket covers are damaged.

Good luck. Post back when able.

Comment

It all looks clean and smooth. Waiting on a gasket then I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
              X