Suzuki Throttle Control Cable too loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Throttle Control Cable too loose

I have a new Suzuki 150 and the throttle backs off and you have to hold the throttle to maintain speed. I know I need to tighten the control tension but I cannot find how to take the cover off of the throttle control. It is a top mount Suzuki control

The older top mounted controls had a small lip on the each side, so if you squeezed the top and bottom the sides would bow-out releasing that lip. Then there was a small screw, bottom middle, that was the tensioner. Screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn increments until just enough to hold throttle.

Good luck. Post back when able to let us know how it's going.

Comment

Originally posted by timlytton View Post
      I have a new Suzuki 150 and the throttle backs off and you have to hold the throttle to maintain speed. I know I need to tighten the control tension but I cannot find how to take the cover off of the throttle control. It is a top mount Suzuki control
      I am still unable to get the cover off the throttle control. Are there any videos around

Comment

You did remove the two screws, too, right?
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Sorry Harper, mine doesn't have screws.

Comment

I've only had mine off once, for the same reason. I'll go out tomorrow and go through it again and post back here.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

All righty......if your's is like mine, there are two screws. Mine is mounted on a near vertical surface, so my screws are situated one top right and one bottom left on the top and bottom flanges of the cover.
              There are four little round holes at the mounting base, two on each side, where pins fit to hold the cover in place. As solarman said, squeeze the cover to spread the sides and it lifts right off.
              Last edited by Harper; 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
              X