Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drastic roll to Starboard when coming up to plane

Need some help Please,
    I have a new to me C-Hawk 29 pilot house. It is equipped with twin 2013 Suzuki 250's. They are counter rotating. When I take off from an Idle to get up on plane, the boat will roll drastically to the Starboard. The boat is equipped with trim tabs. so here is the usual out of the hole process.

engines trimmed all the way down, I will trim them up after boat comes to plane.
    Port trim tab all the way up, Starboard trim tab down about an inch.

tach synched according to gauges.

as the bow starts to rise to come up to plane, the boat will list dramatically to the starboard and begin to steer itself to starboard to the point where on occasion I have to throttle down and start all over because it becomes so hard to steer it is uncontrollable. . This generally occurs on the first time of the trip. Once the boat gets on plane and the motors trimmed up, and trim tabs set, It generally wont do it. I am sure this is something that I am doing, But any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Other items I have checked. weight distribution is equal. Sits level at idle. No water in bilge, I have noticed that the torque tabs on these motors are set all the way out (opposite directions on each motor), Not sure if this should be or if it is making any difference. I also notice that when running at cruising speed I still need the Starboard side trim tab down a bit to combat the starboard list. Im starting to think that trimming the motors all the way down on initial take off may not be a good idea and may be contributing to the problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

If talking about those small trim-tabs above the props, i would straighten them both out, and give that a try. My boat ate both trim-tabs if turned to compensate for hard steering.

Once you straighten those motor trim-tabs, then start out with the boat trim tabs at same level as bottom of boat, then adjust from there.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for the response. I figured it out today. I had the motors all the way down when first starting out. This was creating to much torque and made the boat roll and get squirrelly. Today I trimmed them about half way. No problem coming up whatsoever. Once in plane I was still able to trim motors up more for better performance. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X