2016 DF300A rusted washers on lower unit bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 DF300A rusted washers on lower unit bolts

I have one year old twin 300s, washers on lower unit bolts are not stainless steel. All 12 rusted, I changed out to stainless. Have others experienced this? Is this standard for Suzuki to mix metals during installation? What other parts on these engines might have this problem?

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
    I have one year old twin 300s, washers on lower unit bolts are not stainless steel. All 12 rusted, I changed out to stainless. Have others experienced this? Is this standard for Suzuki to mix metals during installation? What other parts on these engines might have this problem?
    If you ever get Saltwater under the cowling you are going to be pissed!
    Suzuki dropped the ball on the Quality of fasteners on there (2012 DF175 at least)
    outboards . Next will be back to Yamaha.

Comment

To the OP - no, i havent seen that before.

Undre the cowl - once a year I give my motor a spray with lanoline - one of the best water repellants and anti-corrosion treatments you can do.

I use Ozspray Industry Extra lanoline.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
        I have a 2014 300ap, none of mine are rusted, but yes under cowling you need spray, I use the Boeing spray, also the flywheel vent in the cowl will allow spray in to flywheel area in adverse weather, spray Again!

Comment

Working...
        X