Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF70 2003

Hi all.
    I stripped down my engine on my 2003 DF70 as it would not tick over and after doing the usual tests I found it was low on compression on number 3 cylinder.
    I removed head and found the valve seats were well worn and got them all re-seated and replaced valves.
    Anyway, I rebuilt the engine and it wont start with the key. (Its NOT the kill switch. I got it tested my a Suzuki main dealer and the continuity is fine. Put it on amp meter and and open and closed switch and then checked it with good one and both readings were the same)
    I crossed the wires at the solenoid and got the engine going.
    It sounds really well .Left it running until thermostat opened and all is well.
    Now, I went to start it this morning and it was hard to start, as it was the first time as you would expect with a rebuild.
    (At solenoid with pliers crossing wires.)
    The marine tech put it on computer and it would not read my engine as his connections are for newer type.
    He can tell from beeps that there is a code 24 which I believe it the camshaft sensor.
    Again we checked with amp meter and he said it was well within range and ok.
    What I am looking for here is has anyone any idea if I did something wrong putting it back together. There is no mistake on solenoid as I checked with another engine the same as mine.
    So, just to recap what i'm looking for help with.
    Engine will not turn over with key. (Dead man is plugged in)
    Hard to start when cold.
    Many thanks for your expertise which was spot on last problem I had.
    Last edited by Heinekenking; 04-27-2017, 10:26 AM. Reason: more info

Something don't add up, you took it to Suzuki dealer and he told you the kill switch was ok, but could not tell you why it won't crank over. Why are you checking things with an amp meter, you can, but you would use an amp meter if you wanted to measure the current draw of something.

It would be useless checking the cam shaft sensor with an amp meter it uses magnetic induction, and if you know how to use a digital multimeter and test light, I can help, if you can't just take it to an auto electrician, he will find your problem in half an hour.

Comment

Hi Red.
      Im not quite sure why he was checking the sensors when the engine actually runs. But there you have it..The guy was trying to help and he was the marine tech while i am an auto tech.I wasn't going to question him.
      I would be delighted to hear any input you have.
      Yes I can use a digital multi meter and a test light.
      I did not get near it today as I have work commitments as well.
      Hope to hear from you soon.
      Many Thanks.
      Larry.

Comment

Got it sorted.
        I had two block connectors plugged in wrong way around.
        Rookie error I know.
        Its only when you walk away from it for a while its easier when you come back with an open mind.
        Im just left with the buzzer now on code 24. (Is there anyway to turn it off without computer?)

Thanks for the help.
        Legends all..
        Thanks
        Larry.

Comment

Working...
        X