Manual PTT bleed screw seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual PTT bleed screw seals

My bleed screw has corroded so the O ring leaked. I removed a very thin piece of O ring but the slot is quite large so it must take a thick O ring? Can anyone suggest the size of O ring and is there just one at the end of the screw? 20210301_164032.jpg

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...0001/ptt-motor

Link is for my engine. Part #15 is what your picture shows, Part #16 is I think what your looking for.

Comment

Thanks for that. I didn't spot the O ring separate. UK outlet wants £100 + tax for the screw. I am trying to repair the O ring groove

Comment

So I have repaired the corroded part and I found a bag of O rings which were in my box of bits. I cannot fathom if the O ring goes in the first groove from the screw head or the second groove just before the thread. I have the very small ring at the bottom still in place. The top groove is actually square section so not ideal for an O ring but the groove next to the thread looks more likely as it is round section. Any ideas?
        Last edited by fredinireland; 03-02-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

The saga continues ..... so I have seen images of a new bleed screw and the O ring is in the end groove and is really thin so it is a loose fit. I fitted this and the screw goes into the reservoir and no leaks yet BUT I have no pressure in the system. As I bleed the fluid I am getting "fizzy" fluid coming out so lots of air trapped? I have a bottle of fluid upturned and connected and no fluid is coming out of anywhere except the filler hole when I remove the bottle. The fluid is very aerated and the engine will not go up/down. Is this air trapped or have I blown some other seal?

Comment

Working...
          X