2021 200hp propeller help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 200hp propeller help

Need every help with prop selection. I mostly troll at 10-11mph. I fish on Guam. I have a V20 Welcraft. Gas prices going up.

I'm upgrading from a 2014 150hp Mercury 4 stroke 3 blade 15 pitch with largest diameter SS (burning 3.0-3.4 gph) and about 150-200 RPMs below recommended at WOT with full load

to

2021 Suzuki 200hp 4 cylinder

Other Welcraft with 200 hp burn around 2.2-2.4 GPH with 17p Not sure on diameter. He's about 3200 rpms at 9 mph. He swapped out to 19P and now at 3000 rpms.

I need to save on fuel and can't figure out what pitch. I usually buy 2-3 props to figure out what prop works best. The problem I have is I may be at the high end or pass WOT, which means I need to get a higher pitch prop.

I love 4 blades as it has more stability and can drop RPMs to where I can be right inside the numbers and be on the high end.

I know Yamaha has the Salt Water series two which is recommended for trolling and mid range fuel efficiency.

What does Suzuki have? What do you recommend?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have about a month before my motor gets to the dealer I'm buying from

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...the-right-prop

I’m no prop. expert but I would think if you get your engine to 6200RPM or whatever the specifications for your engine at WOT the fuel economy will take care of itself.

Comment

Suzuki Watergrip props have a good reputation.

If your dealer is any good, they should water test the boat after install to make sure the prop selected is right. Talk to them about how you intend to use the boat and that will help.

Comment

Here is a link to Suzuki’s USA page on the DF200A.

It has numerous boat tests and you may be able to find a similar boat to yours and see the prop details that they used.

There is a separate page for the DF200AP model (fly by wire)

http://www.suzukimarine.com/Product%...12/DF200A.aspx

Comment

Working...
        X