No announcement yet.

Problem determination with Engine Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the screens you want to see. Photos show data from my DF115 with engine NOT RUNNING.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks both.

I'll grab those when I'm down the boat later this week. Thanks again.

Comment

Here's device info

Comment

And here's the data list

Comment

Those links dont work for me.

Comment

Ok seeing them now.

2.9.4 “should” work with a 2010 engine, the hp is of no consequence.

But that data list is quite deficient.

Honestly I think that you have tried everything and that the interface cable is more than likely the problem.

The issue of course is getting one that WILL work with it.

To me you have 2 options, neither are great but ....

1. try a new Version 2.9.4 interface cable. At least they are available. Maybe see if you can get one from somewhere that will allow you to return it for a refund if it doesnt work.

2. get one of the old version cables. I run one of them on my DF 115 2010 and I have it loaded with version 2.5.0. It works perfectly, and I have also had it working with version 2.30. Of course, they are very hard to get. And becoming harder.

I think that Option 1 is worth a shot. Really, V2.9.4 should work with a 2010 engine. (I assume that the ecu on this engine is original? No chance that it has been changed and one from a pre 2008 engine used?)
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-05-2021, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I know that I mentioned this in an earlier post, but can you confirm that after you updated the interface to version 2.9.4, that you went into the Configure screen and set engine location as centre? If not, do it and check that data page again. It probably wont fix the issue but it is something that needs to be done.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter. It says centre on the device list, or do you mean that I specifically needed to set it at that stage?

Comment

Go into the configuration screen.

Select unconfigure, then select configure and set location as centre.

Worth a shot....

Comment

Will do. Thanks again

Comment

Hi Moonlighter. I haven’t given up!

I’m on the endless quest for a 2.3 / 2.5 cable which so far has been fruitless. But something just dawned on me. Am I right in thinking that on the old round Suzuki SMIS gauge, the software / interface lives in the gauge? ie you don’t need a separate interface cable? Because I can find a SMIS gauge with a 2.5 label on the back. Would that work?

As ever, thanks for your help.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by HotPursuit View Post
                          Hi Moonlighter. I haven’t given up!

I’m on the endless quest for a 2.3 / 2.5 cable which so far has been fruitless. But something just dawned on me. Am I right in thinking that on the old round Suzuki SMIS gauge, the software / interface lives in the gauge? ie you don’t need a separate interface cable? Because I can find a SMIS gauge with a 2.5 label on the back. Would that work?

As ever, thanks for your help.

Adam
                          No, sorry you are wrong. The interface cable and the SMIS gauge are always 2 separate things.

Comment

Okay, thanks Moonlighter. Quest continues…

Comment

Adam, If you will allow private messages, I have some help for you. I tried to PM you, but it says you're not accepting them. If you prefer, you can PM me.
                              Last edited by Harper; 04-27-2022, 04:59 PM.
                              Mike
                              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Bump ..... paging HotPursuit Hey Adam!!
                                Mike
                                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                                X