DF150 Swivel Bracket. How to Grease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF150 Swivel Bracket. How to Grease?

Incredibly stiff steering on DF150 year 2007. I detached the hydraulics and found that the issue is the swivel bracket. Cannot find any grease fittings (zerks) along the entire shaft. Was this design on purpose? A flaw. etc?? does anyone have an idea of how I can grease this vertical tube without having to remove the power head?\ Thanks for any assistance.

Tilt the motor up, port side about midway on the swivel bracket housing is a zerk (or was)
    Might take a while shaking the motor back & forth adding grease etc. etc. once you get it freed up, pump grease in until it comes out clean

Comment

Thanks so much. I can't believe I looked at it earlier and couldn't find it. Hoping this does the trick, cannot imagine how hard it will be to life this powerhead off. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Actually, there are two zerks for the swivel bracket: the one near the center, which I'm sure you're both referring to

20210316_172915.jpg

and the other, on the right side near the tilt lock. Pictures are of my '07 DF150.

20210316_1729301.jpg
        Last edited by Harper; 03-16-2021, 06:53 PM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by satellite View Post
          Thanks so much. I can't believe I looked at it earlier and couldn't find it. Hoping this does the trick, cannot imagine how hard it will be to life this powerhead off. I appreciate your help.
          You bet. & the pictures are worth a thousand words!!

Comment

The one by the tilt lock is only for the tilt lock shaft

Comment

Originally posted by tsturm View Post
              The one by the tilt lock is only for the tilt lock shaft
              Not according to the manual. It's diagrammed as one of two lube sites for the swivel bracket. It does seem to be in a weird location for the swivel bracket. But I doubt that the tilt lock shaft would really require such lubrication, whereas the long swivel bracket seemingly would need more lube points than just the one at center.
              Last edited by Harper; 03-18-2021, 08:06 PM.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

Not according to the manual. It's diagrammed as one of two lube sites for the swivel bracket. It does seem to be in a weird location for the swivel bracket. But I doubt that the tilt lock shaft would really require such lubrication, whereas the long swivel bracket seemingly would need more lube points than just the one at center.
                Don't want to get in a pissing match but if you put grease in it, it comes out of both sides of the tilt lock only. Put grease in the center one on the swivel bkt. and grease comes out of upper & lower swivel bushing areas.
                Maybe the manual lost something in the translation??
                Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                X