DF250 Water/Air pressure Line for Speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 Water/Air pressure Line for Speedometer

I've got a 2019 DF250 and my speedometer isn't working. First thing to check is that pressure sensing tubing for kinks and clogs right? That tube is easy to identify on some motors, but I'm having trouble on this one. Anyone got pics or tips to find it?

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-df225t-df250t

Part 19 is a place to start

Comment

on the leading edge of your engine about the height of the prop is a small hole.
      this easily gets plugged with small debris as the boat runs from place to place ..
      all it takes is a piece of small diameter stainless wire to open the hole back up..
      Art

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
        on the leading edge of your engine about the height of the prop is a small hole.
        this easily gets plugged with small debris as the boat runs from place to place ..
        all it takes is a piece of small diameter stainless wire to open the hole back up..
        Art
        Yep, that's the first place I went to. Used a tiny drill bit, didn't really get any resistance on it.. I haven't gotten out on the water yet to check. But I was going to keep checking that line if I could find it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
          Thanks, def an illustration that I needed

Comment

Try a little air pressure off a compressor
            the tube goes straight up from the diagram comes out under the power head and is then in the bundle of wires that heads to the helm .. so there is any number of places it could be pinched or squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
              Try a little air pressure off a compressor
              the tube goes straight up from the diagram comes out under the power head and is then in the bundle of wires that heads to the helm .. so there is any number of places it could be pinched or squeezed
              Here we have it guys... IMG_1201.jpg

Comment

That thing didn't have any slack, no wonder it pulled off. It also doesn't seem like a very good design where it exits out top. It's getting pinched. Any thoughts on moving it outside and zip tying it?

IMG_1212.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

that splice joint looks a little suspect.
                  I would keep it under the cowling
                  however, think you might be able to find a little longer section of tubing to replace the bottom end that has the zip tie

Comment

Working...
                  X